- Post-Doctoral Research AssistantDepartment of Biological, Environmental and Rural Sciences - Research
Department of Biological, Environmental and Rural Sciences
My main research interests focus on the isolation and characterization of novel antimicrobials/anticancer molecules from traditional medicinal herbs. I am very keen on learning the aspects of multi-omics approaches to understand the flow of information that underlies any disease.
• Maintaining the microbial and human cell lines.
• Performing purification and isolation of compounds using different column chromatography methods.
•Characterisation of compounds using Ultra-High Performance Liquid Chromatography with Mass Spectrometry (UHPLC-MS) and Nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy (NMR).
• Chemoinformatic analysis such as multivariate and univariate data analysis using Flow injection electrospray high-resolution mass spectrometry (FIE-HRMS) metabolomics approach.
• Working on molecular Docking using software like AutoDock Vina, Ligplot+, PyMol.
• Performing SDS-PAGE and Western Blot for cellular proteins.
• Research plan and guide undergraduate and master’s dissertation students.
• Prepare and present lecture series for first, second, third-year undergraduates.
• Demonstrator in lab practical’s.
• Organise materials and guide dissertation students (masters and undergraduate).
• Help with Science workshops in schools.