Department of Geography and Earth Sciences
Geomorphology, fluvial processes, channel pattern change, siltation and sedimentation problems, impacts of tailings dam failures and metal mining activity on fluvial systems.
DGES Projects (Principle Investigator)
- COWEB - Citizen Observatory Web. Funded by EU FP7
DGES Projects (Affiliated With)
- Virtual Observatory. Funded by NERC.
- Impacts of hydrological variability on material transfers through the river estuary transition zone. Funded by NERC.
Current PhD Students
- Dr Barry Evans
- 2015-present Professor of Physical Geography
- 2013-2015 Senior Lecturer in Physical Geography, Aberystwyth University
- 1993-2012 - Lecturer in Physical Geography, Aberystwyth University
- 1987-1993 Research Assistant (UWA)
- 1987 BSc Geography (UCW)
- Member of Centre for Catchment and Coastal Research (CCCR) Executive Committee
- Director of Fluvio river basin consultancy
- AU Quality Assurance Committee
- AU Research Degrees Board
- IGHPP Executive Committee
- DGES Executive Committee
- DGES and IGHPP Director of Postgraduate Studies
- DGES Postgraduate Exam Board Chair
- DGES Learning and Teaching Committee