Department of Biological, Environmental and Rural Sciences
Joined IBERS as a Post-Doctoral Modeler in 2018. Naveed is Gold Medalist and received his PhD from the Department of Agronomy at the University of Agriculture, Faisalabad-Pakistan and his doctoral research was based in University of California, Davis-United States. After his PhD he worked as a National Consultant - Agro-Ecological Zoning in Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO). His current position focuses on the agricultural productivity potential of Wales. He has vast experience of Climate Change Studies using Crop Modeling and Remote Sensing/GIS and land assessement/crop suitability mapping. He is very passionate about research on environmental issues, sustainability and socio-ecological resilience.
- Assessment of marginal land, Modeling ecosystem impacts and development of opportunity maps for bioenergy crops of United Kingdom
- Agricultural productivity potential of Wales and development of opportunity maps for key crop species of Wales under current and future scenarios using spatial modeling [Completed]
- Spatial modeling for development of opportunity maps of bioenergy crops in United Kingdom using climate and soil data
- Bioenergy resources availability mapping
- Spatial modeling for development of opportunity maps of key crops in Wales using climate and soil data