Information Management, Libraries & Archives
Information and knowledge management; information needs; user studies; information retrieval; academic communication; communication in organizations; non-technical aspects of information systems; information policy and strategy; information and communication audits.
I graduated with a BA from Durham University and an MA and PhD in Information Studies from the University of Sheffield. I was first lecturer and then senior lecturer in the Department of Information Studies in Sheffield from 1984 to 2000. I took up the post of Professor in the Department of Information and Library Studies, Aberystwyth University in 2000.
I enjoy travel and sunshine, and first came to Aberystwyth as an external examiner in the mid 1990s. I was very impressed by the collegial atmosphere of the Department and quality of the work here, and so was pleased to have the opportunity to join the staff of the Department in 2000.
- Member of the international conference committee of the Conceptions of Library and Information Science Conferences 1998-
- Member of international conference committee of the Information Seeking in Context Conferences 1998-
- Member of the AHRB Peer Review Panel for Archives Library and Information Science 2000-
- Member, Editorial Board, Aslib Proceedings, 2000-
- Member, Editorial Board, New Review of Information Behaviour Research, 2000-
- Member, Editorial Board, New Review of Document and Text Management, 1993-
- Member, Editorial Board, International Journal of Information Management, 1985-
- External Examiner for several Departments of Information Studies in the UK
Chair, Research Strategy Committee; Member UWA Management Information Committee
Knowledge Management, Information Management, Research Methods