Daearyddiaeth a Gwyddorau Daear
Geomorphology, fluvial processes, channel pattern change, siltation and sedimentation problems, impacts of tailings dam failures and metal mining activity on fluvial systems.
DGES Projects (Principle Investigator)
- COWEB - Citizen Observatory Web. Funded by EU FP7
DGES Projects (Affiliated With)
- Virtual Observatory. Funded by NERC.
- Impacts of hydrological variability on material transfers through the river estuary transition zone. Funded by NERC.
Current PhD Students
- Dr Barry Evans
- 2015-present Professor of Physical Geography
- 2013-2015 Senior Lecturer in Physical Geography, Aberystwyth University
- 1993-2012 - Lecturer in Physical Geography, Aberystwyth University
- 1987-1993 Research Assistant (UWA)
- 1987 BSc Geography (UCW)
- Member of Centre for Catchment and Coastal Research (CCCR) Executive Committee
- Director of Fluvio river basin consultancy
- AU Quality Assurance Committee
- AU Research Degrees Board
- IGHPP Executive Committee
- DGES Executive Committee
- DGES and IGHPP Director of Postgraduate Studies
- DGES Postgraduate Exam Board Chair
- DGES Learning and Teaching Committee